Location: Berkeley SQ
Hours: Mon – Fri 9 to 5 (extra hours and possibly weekends for events)
Do you have the desire to make a significant contribution to a small team, as well as to the continued success & growth of an established business?
ZYLOFON MEDIA COMPANY LIMITED is limited liability company duly registered and incorporated in Ghana by the company’s Act of 1963 (ACT 179).
We are a multimedia entertainment company established to supply profitable, acceptable, audio and visual entertainment to diverse domestic and international consumers. The company is committed to professionally produce impeccable creative arts works that would be domestically edible and to transcends borders, as we firmly believe that, quality edible art works can be produced without lowering societal moral standards in a quest for commercial appeal.
We plan to produce indigenous artists and art works that would fit universal standards. These would cover a broad spectrum of the Creative Arts industry, in music; it would span from Hi & hip Life, Jazz, Contemporary Christian Music, Dancehall, Reggae, Rock and so on, whereas the movie productions would mirror
With immediate effect we are seeking an exceptional Marketing and Media Assistant to join our friendly team (we would say we’re friendly wouldn’t we!). You will support the business across a wide range of areas as outlined below. Longer term we hope you will contribute to the growth of the team, and indeed experience your own individual growth.
Primarily, this role is to support digital marketing objectives of the business (increased traffic, increased engagement, increased conversion, increased brand awareness), which in turn support our sales objectives (getting bottoms on seats at our events). You will contribute to creating, implementing and evaluating digital marketing campaigns and sales initiatives across a variety of online channels.
You will have a varied role which can be both fulfilling and demanding, and represents an opportunity to contribute to a business that positively impacts people’s lives through what we do.
We are looking for a real all-rounder ideally. If you have knowledge in some of these areas, and are enthusiastic to learn in others then we would still love to hear from you.
It is essential that you have an understanding of basic sales and marketing funnel levels & principles and ideas around how to make a positive impact.
The main digital channels we use are:
- WordPress CMS (website, blog)
- Social media – predominantly Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram
- Email marketing and marketing automation.
Therefore, it would be useful if you have experience in the following:
- Updating and maintaining a website/blog.
- Design skills.
- Content creation and curation – video, audio and written.
- SEO principles and execution.
- Online community management.
- Conversion optimisation
- Monitoring & measuring performance, and optimising plans as you go.
- Understanding of how the marketing extends beyond the digital world, and the importance of aligning marketing and sales activity.
The below are also desirable interests:
- Personal/professional development industry
- Training and events promotion.
- Office 365 – particularly Word, Outlook, Excel
The RIGHT PERSON…
It is essential that you have:
- An enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills.
- A sense of responsibility and pride towards your work and the team you are in.
- The ability to bridge the digital and human worlds.
You will be:
- Self-starting with a real hunger to succeed and excellent work ethic.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise.
- Resourceful – able to maximise impact within the resources we have available as a small team.
- Able to adapt and be flexible within your daily role.
- A person with a can-do and problem solving approach to challenges.
- Wanting to make a valuable contribution and be an active part in the team.
- Professional yet personable, and able to adapt well in different scenarios.
We regularly run training events throughout the year, so an ability to address groups of people with confidence would be preferable to help facilitate at events. We pride ourselves on building & maintaining positive relationships with those people in our community. We also work regularly with external agencies and consultants on projects. As such, solid communication skills are a must. Decision-making around priorities and what to handle in-house versus what to outsource will be an important part of your role.
Are you interested?
This is a full time role and there are a range of key jobs and duties that need to be done as part of the role, our priority is finding someone who is the “right” fit for the team and the business. We are willing to discuss flexibility with the right person in terms of working hours. Occasional travel abroad will be required, particularly as part of the induction into the role as you get to know the organisation.
Please send your CV with a covering letter letting us know a bit about yourself and why this specific opportunity interests you. Please also include your desired salary.
We will NOT consider applicants who do not include a covering letter.
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of administration experience do you have?
- How many years of administrative experience do you have?
- How many years of Administrative Assistant experience do you have?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
Hires Needed: 2 – 4 hires