Job Title: Cloud Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £60k-£65k plus
Benefits Location: London
Our client was founded in 2002 and swiftly established a reputation for innovation and positive differentiation in the technology market. They are now looking an experience Cloud Engineer to just their successful and growing team.
Overall purpose of the job:
- *Act as a technical lead, responsible for the design, delivery and support of Cloud products and services.
- *Be Responsible for new product feature innovation, proof of concept, R&D, design, and specification development
- *Work with developments teams to transition new products and services into production environments
- *Work with other technical departments in order to train and build up the knowledge base for Cloud/IT services within the business. Key responsibilities for this job:
- *Support R&D initiatives and to execute agreed strategies.
- *Engage with various business stakeholders to understand scope of Research and Development projects.
- *Using new and disruptive technologies to solve complex business challenges and working in an ever-changing working environment.
- *Strong product design skills and “know-how” to design solutions with optimal product experience in mind
- *Perform training sessions inside and outside the team to share knowledge and skills across the business.
- *Ensure that there is adequate documentation for all Cloud architecture and processes.
- *Ensure knowledge transfer of any new Cloud product created by the Development team.
- *Ensure all process and procedures are up to date and followed. Where process and procedures are missing or inadequate identify these and rectify.
- *Implement quality management and regulatory compliance strategies.
- *Assist building out supporting technical definitions to support bid and contract collateral • *Conduct upgrades of Cloud products and services.
- *Support initial proof of value trials in advance of and Cloud Product GA release.
- *Manage testing of full integration of Cloud products, mapped to the release definitions.
- *On-call as per the agreed rota. Knowledge and experience required:
- Strong organisation and planning skills and experience, with attention to detail and ability to prioritise efficiently.
- Strong knowledge of VMware and virtualisation technologies.
- Knowledge of Public Clouds such as Amazon, Azure and Google etc advantageous.
- Expertise in server technologies from leading vendors such as DellEMC, HP etc.
- Knowledge of automation technologies such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc advantageous.
- Highly adaptable and proactive and able to multi-task and able to work well under pressure.
- Efficiently communicate both verbally and in written form.
- Ability to generate detailed, high quality technical documentation.
- Have comprehensive knowledge of quality assurance principles, methods, design, testing and implementation.
- Be able to work with teams and coordinate with other departments/individuals at all levels.
- Excellent project, planning, change and time management capabilities.
- Experience / knowledge of Agile / DevOps methodology and values.
- Be cordial and professional.
- Be innovative.
- Have strong judgement and decision-making skills.
What’s On Offer? Work in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service. Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, season ticket loans, local gym discount, vitality health cover) If you have a desire to work in an ambitious company and are able to deliver operational excellence then this role is made for you